Honey Lime Grilled Chicken

I always look forward to Fridays. Not just because the weekend is here, but we usually try to throw something on the grill. It's usually a simple dinner sometime during the weekend. Well Sunday was no different, I had already had it planned out in my head exactly what I wanted.  

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken. This is one of my favorite ways to grill chicken the honey and the lime really compliment each other. The weekend is usually designated for all the yard work. So theres nothing better to me then enjoying something on the grill while the kiddos play out in the freshly cut yard. 

The last couple of days have been unseasonable cooler in the evening so its really been nice. Usually we are sweating our booty's off from the Texas Heat. I don't know what is up with the weather the last couple of days, but I am really not going to complain.

So Sunday was grilling day!! This chicken is so simple to throw together and only requires a few ingredients which gives a fabulous lime flavor to tender chicken breasts. The meat will need to be marinated so plan early.

If i know I am going to make this I usually throw the marinade together and add the chicken the night before or first thing in the morning on the day we will be grilling. The original recipe said to marinade for 30-45 minutes but this really doesn't give the chicken justice.
 
If you want the flavors to really set in, marinade the chicken at least 8 hours. I used boneless skinless breasts and boneless skinless thighs. I personally love the chicken thighs so much better but everyone is different. I also add a bit of the Mr. Yoshidas Gourmet Sauce the original recipe does not have it, but i think it really helps to tone down the soy sauce.


These are the ingredients you will need:. Like I mentioned above you can really use any type of stir fry sauce or teriyaki sauce if you are unable to locate Mr. Yoshidas.


In a resealable gallon size zip lock bag, combine the honey, soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, sweet ginger and garlic seasoning, and Mr. yoshidas sauce; mix well. 


I like to leave a couple halves of the limes in the marinade. Reserve 2-4 tablespoons of the marinade and store in a covered bowl in the refrigerator. 


Rinse and clean your chicken and cut off any fat. Make sure you wash your hands when you are finished handling the chicken.




Add chicken and turn to coat, and seal bag. Refrigerate chicken for at least 6-8 hours. 



Remove chicken from marinade (Discard marinade). Grill chicken over medium heat for 5-8 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked and juices run clear. Brush reserved marinade over the chicken the last minute of cooking. 


Plate chicken and let it rest 5 minutes (covered) and then serve. Serve with rice and a vegetable or a baked potato and a salad. Really is up to you. 








13 comments

Anonymous said…
This sounds and looks so delicious. I'll be trying it out. Your site and pictures look great!
Hello fellow Texan. I'm Teresa from El Paso. You hit it right on the nose. Weekends around here are made for grilling. Limes are right up there with southwestern cooking. Your chicken looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.
ShellyH said…
wowww! This looks delicous! I love your step by step directions and photos!
Tina Butler said…
Thanks Shelly, I find it so much easier to understand a recipe with visual directions. Maybe its just me. You will have to try the chicken its so easy and very good.
Anonymous said…
Hey , Looks great! We' re hot/humid down in SW FLA also, so anything to cook on the grill is a beautiful thing!

Denise
http://www.WineFoodPairing.blogspot.com
Noor said…
Oh wow this looks amazing and I can not wait to try it. I am so happy that I found your blog. I hope that you can check mine out as well.

Noor
http://themiddleeasterncook.blogspot.com/
Nickki said…
Hi Tina, I'm Nickki from Scotland. Your chicken looks great! I will need to give it a try one day. I'm always on the lookout for new ways with chicken! I'm so glad I found your blog. Your kids are so adorable! I'm the mother of two little boys :)
Amy from NY said…
Hey Tina- I have this marinating right now. I didnt find Mr. Yoshidas here, so I used a sesame/ginger marinade and my chicken was a whole chicken cut into 8ths with skin on- didnt have any skinless breasts- I will let you know how it turns out- the marinade smells sooo awesome. xo
Tina Butler said…
Oh wow the Sesame Ginger Marinade sounds good to. LMK how it turns out. Ü
Dibs said…
Great photos. Looks yummy!
Genie said…
I wore my propane grill out two years ago and haven't been able to replace it. You make me ACHE to have a new one!
Unknown said…
I prepared the marinade and chicken and put it in the freezer for dinner in 2 days, it sounds so good! I also couldent find Mr. Yoshidas Gourmet Sweet & Savory so I just used teriyaki lol.
Anonymous said…
oh my gosh I love your blog and I am such a fan of chicken!!! (budget calls for it you know?) Thank you for sharing this I look forward to making it!!! Holly