Kielbasa & Bow Tie Pasta


I actually made this recipe a couple of weeks ago, but its been so crazy at our house I haven't had time to post it. I am a huge Pasta fan and so is my daughter. The men in our house on the other hand think pasta is girly food. I could eat pasta everyday of the week, but not them. I thought they might like this dish since it had smoked sausage and cheese added to the recipe so I took a chance and made it. This recipe made dinner time a snap it really is a throw together kind of meal because it all comes together in just one pan. If you looking for something quick and yummy this recipe is perfect. Just add a salad and some fresh bread or rolls and your done.

Well the verdict on this dish is as follows. I loved it but then like i said i can eat Pasta 24/7 anyway you make it. My husband said it was OK but, keep in mind he hates mushrooms and is not a big pasta eater. My kids i guess liked it, they picked at it and ate parts of it the pasta and the sausage. They liked the creamy cheese sauce but no go on the peas. I didn't think they would eat the peas but keeping with my regular tradition everyone can just pick out what they don't want to eat because I love mushrooms and peas. I hate having to give up on some of my favorites plus the peas really add color to the dish. I can definitely say i will be making this dish again but I might play around some with the cheese and add a different variety maybe Monterrey jack cheese instead. Other than that i thought it turned out wonderful.




These are the ingredients you will need.



in a large skillet, add butter.



slice your sausage. For this recipe I used Smoked Sausage




saute the sausage, mushrooms and garlic in butter.




Cook pasta according to package directions.



Mackenzie is helping with the sauteing process




Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; gradually add to the skillet.



Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.




Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture.




add peas (I used regular peas since my kiddos don't like snow peas)




Stir in cheese




cook until cheese is melted.



Recipe yields 4 - servings







Kielbasa & Bow Tie Pasta

8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1-1/2 cups milk
1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas or regular peas
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese or montery jack cheese


Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the sausage, mushrooms and garlic in butter. Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Stir in the peas and cheese; cook until cheese is melted.



Photobucket~ Mommy's Kitchen Welcomes Your Comments ~

11 comments

Deanna said…
That looks absolutely delicious. This is going to be a crazy week and that would be something I could definitely make after one of our "crazy" days.
Aggie said…
Hi there...found your blog on Leftover Queen!!

This pasta dish looks great! I have some kielbasa in the freezer and never know what to do with it. I didn't think to add it to pasta! Yum!
I like your step by step too!
Kris Klipper said…
Thank you! I was googling bowties and kielbasa looking for something my husband may actually like and I think i found it. I am trying this one tonight.
Anonymous said…
I like everything about this recipe. If I substitute the peas for bell peppers, my husband will eat it. He likes peas, just not in most dishes (it's a stand alone veggie to him).

I think the Monterey Jack cheese would be a good twist.
Looks pretty darned good to me!!!
Anonymous said…
I have four sons and a husband who loves pasta & loves kielbasa & I love spinach so I had to try this recipe... I made it the same, accept used fresh mushrooms & added a bag of fresh spinach with the kielbasa at the beginning (and omitted the peas). THIS WAS DELICIOUS!! I've just found your website and am really enjoying checking it out and trying the reciipes. Thank you :)
Anonymous said…
How long does this take total? I really would like to make it, but I don't want to start it only for it too finish too early or too late for dinner time.
Anonymous said…
I made this last night and my family loved it. When my two kids walked in the kitchen, I got two "that smells good"
Anonymous said…
I made this for dinner and when i told my dad about it, he had me make it too. Must be pretty good!
Anonymous said…
I made this for dinner tonight and my kids really liked it. I will be making it again.
Anonymous said…
I kust made this for dinner was very good i added alittle more cheese though. Deff putting this recipe in my cook book for quick fix yummys. Thanks